Saturday, December 15, 2012

Newton, Conn....

Tragedy... 
We ask why...
We ask where was God...
We feel shock, pain terror...

God is good all the time and all the time God is good.

I can't explain it.  I just know it is true.

If I didn't believe this truth...I know that I would probably kill, too.  I have had several reasons to be justified in this "probability" during my 52 years on this earth, but knowing God as truth prevents me from this terrible "probability". 

I am reminded of the Jewish baby boys, two years and under, that were killed in Bethleham after Jesus' birth.  Senseless...Rachael weeping for her children.  The feelings of the United States are the same feelings shared with Israel over that incident of the slaughter of innocent children. 

This Christmas, there will be Christmas gifts unopened.   Sadness will abound in Newton and other towns where families and friends of these babies live.  Yet, instead of sitting on Santa's lap...there are twenty children and hopefully 6 adults that will be sitting in the very lap of Jesus the Messiah.  

This is how I am making any sense out of this terrible tragedy; because of God's loving character is why I can say...God is good all the time and all the time God is good. 

My heart is still saddened, but I still have hope in Jesus...










No comments:

Post a Comment