Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Growth in dirt and spirit....




The weather is gray with off and on rain showers.  I prefer cool sunshine with rain only occurring at night, but I noticed that my Father in Heaven did not consult me on this, therefore I must make due with His Providential Decisions.  :)

I do believe that my garden is enjoying the decisions of God because most of my seeds have responded favorably. 


                                   My corn is coming up!


                                  Here comes my onions!


Can you tell that I have not been turning my compost as I should have?  Now I don't want to disturb these beautiful potatoes!


My oregano seems to be happy and healthy.  I transplanted this from my garden to a pot.  Oregano can take over if you let it.

My flowers are doing well, too:











These are just a few of my flowering beauties.  I need to dead head several of them.  The weeds are loving all the warm rains as well, so I will be dead heading and weeding this afternoon....sigh....

Anyway, everything seems to be growing.  I still have more to plant and that, too, will be done today and probably tomorrow.  There just doesn't seem to be enough energy to get everything done in a day anymore.  Oh well....

Today--my heart seems to be in a peaceful turmoil.  Teehee...
I know...oxymoronic sounding, none the less, this is the state I find myself in.  I am content to be doing what God wants me to do, yet I also know He wants more.  I have always believed one way about something and now it is being challenged by the teachings of Dr. David Jeremiah.  I want to travel, yet today I am satisfied staying at home.  I want a strong GODLY LEADER qualities from my husband, but I am so pleased and hopeful with his recent prayer asking God to make him one.  I want my daughter home, but I am just so thankful that she is being healed and is talking with me again.  I want my son to read, read, read, and once again God has made me pleased with his reading improvement here lately.  See what I mean?  Peaceful turmoil....

There is so much to do around the Ol' Beale Bungalow that I get overwhelmed quite easily.  God has been teaching me to stick to His plan for me.  What would that be...Colossians 3:23, "And whatsoever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;"  Whatever God has me doing I need to do it for Him....not for me.  So, I plant, clean, do laundry, cook, homeschool, shop and so on.  This is what He has me doing "unto Him".  :)  I am not going to get bent out of shape if I can't get it all done in one day.  I am not going to get angry if the progress is slow.  I am just going to do what I have to do for Him.  (Today--that is--I may need to reread this posting daily to remind me I am doing everything for Him....)

I cannot sign off from this post without mentioning Oklahoma and the terrible situation they find themselves in because of the tornado.  My heart goes out to the people of Oklahoma, especially with the loss of so many children.  I am praying for the Comforter to permeate that entire area with His Love and Shalom.  God is still good even when tragic episodes occur.  God is still in control, too---even though we question why.  So, yes my heart aches, but I am encouraged to know that many will seek Him for answers and comfort because of the breath of His nostrils.

This, too, is a sign of the times...I do hope people see this!  God is returning---SOON!  Sooner than we think, I do believe.  Allow God in.  Allow the sacrificial blood of the One True Messiah wash over you and seal you for all eternity.  To God be the Glory!!!!

\o/













1 comment:

  1. Good Morning...
    Thank you for sharing the photos, your flowers are beautiful.
    I Pray you have a Blessed Day,
    Blessings,Renee

    ReplyDelete