Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014...

2014 is here.  So long 2013...though you brought us blessings I am looking forward to what God has in store for the up coming year. 

This past year there was much heartache concerning our daughter.   She was in so much pain and anxiety that she ended up cutting herself!!  She was hospitalized several times and had several terrible diagnosis'.  This just brought pain and anxiety for me and her father....then God brought a miracle!!   Our daughter became pregnant!  Oh, I was devastated!  How could she bring a baby into her chaos.... but God had a marvelous plan. 

Our daughter had to stop all medications....she was pregnant!  She had to stop cutting....she was pregnant!!  She had to woman up and take care of her son....she was pregnant!!!  What a blessing...not only did she bring a beautiful baby girl into the world for God's glory....but this little girl saved my daughter's life!!!! 

There has been a tremendous growth in the life of my daughter and her husband!  My son-in-law realized how precious little girls are....thus changing his feelings for my precious little girl!!!  He treats her much better and relies on her a lot.  My little granddaughter was born, via a section, on October 31st.  She is NOT a Halloween baby by no means!  She is a Reformation Baby!!  Because God has used her to reform this little family!!!  Praise God!!!  

We now have a sweet relationship and I am so very thankful for our little blessing.  God had a plan all along....I am truly excited for what He is going to this coming year.  \o/ 

So, what are my goals for the new year....I do have them.  They are not really resolutions, per se, just things I want to do.  One is to give up Pepsi.  I admit it...I am addicted to the brown, sweet, bubbly stuff!  I love it....but I swell so badly when I drink it, so I am truly trying to quit drinking Pepsi or colas of any kind.  Tea..... I plan on drinking tea.  I used to drink tea all the time...then I met Donnie and Pepsi.  Sigh...

Another goal is to do more sewing.  I want to quilt on my quilt, make some curtains for my living room and dining room, make a wall hanging for my mom and some pillows for my couch.  I just want to be productive.  I have gardening goals, as usual...but now becoming more of a necessity!  Thanks to rising prices.... 

My final goal is to do more Bible studies.  I just want to learn more about God and to draw closer to Him.  This will affect every area of my life and I am ready.  Being 53 changes a person and introspection is a given.... 

So, those are my New Year's thoughts....nothing mind blowing, just little goals that give a middle aged, over weight, homeschooling mom something to look forward to.

Oh well...I am going to leave you with a few pictures of my New Year's day meal....

 
 
 
 
 
I made a killer sweet potato pie.  It was and is delicious.  We had ham, Hoppin' John, collard greens, homemade apple sauce with the pie for dessert.  Our son was having fun with his fork....notice the bottle of Pepsi AND the pitcher of tea.  Yep...I drank the tea!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment