Saturday, January 4, 2014

In whom do I trust....

Four days without Pepsi.  I am doing well as long as I have plenty of sweet ice tea in the frig.  This isn't as hard as I thought it would be, but I am only four days in....

  ??????????????????????????????????????????

Now...who can we trust in Biblical Teachings?  Is it okay to like the teachings of a non-Trinitarian?  Is it okay to lean toward the extremely conservative interpretations of God's Word, yet having the typical American lifestyle?  These questions are just rambling in my heart, soul and spirit...

If I believe time is short-- what do I care what others think! What do I care about others opinions about how I raise my son or handle my marriage or work my finances or choose my entertainment?  What is the deal? 

 I do not enjoy reading books by those Biblical scholars that have given up everything to travel the globe filling the bellies and spirits of the world's physically and spiritually impoverished!  These books leave me totally depressed and guilt ridden!  I am a stay at home, homeschooling aging overly plump wife and mother.  My life consists of cleaning our house, doing laundry, cooking meals, homeschooling our son, going to church, going to Walmart, Kroger, Farm Fresh, Trader Joes, Michaels and JoAnn Fabrics.  I literally go no where else.    I am still praying that my husband would be the spiritual leader of our home and that my son will follow the LORD and not his friends. 

I am starved for some good solid Biblical teaching that brings about change in my world and life in general.  So, who do I trust?  This is a very hard decision for me.  Some Bible teachers fire me up!!!!  John Hagee when he gets on a role!  Michael Rood because he teaches in the Hebrew way.  David Platt when my spirit is full.  Francis Chan when my spirit is flat.  Andy Stanley only about three times a year.  Then there are the dearly departed....Adrian Rodgers, Charles Haddon Spurgeon, Jonathan Edwards, Cotton Mathers, Martin Luther, and many others too numerous to mention. 

Most of today's teachers leave me kind of ????!  Is it my spirit? I don't know, but I do know that I am terrified to be like the silly women found in 2 Timothy 3:6-7 "  For among them are those who creep into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions, always learning and never able to arrive at a knowledge of the truth."  This is a tremendous fear of mine.  I don't want to be like these women.  At times, this fear paralyzes me to the point of doing nothing!  This is not good!

  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, who do I follow?  I follow the Words of the LORD!!!  I cannot place my full trust on any one man and his teachings.  Does that mean I cannot listen to radio preachers or television teachers?  Well, at times absolutely not!!!!  I must be well studied up on God's Word to be able to handle the teachings of others.  I think I am just lazy enough to be led astray.  I am just lazy enough to be burdened with sin.  I am lazy enough to continue to learn yet never arriving to the Knowledge of Truth.  It does boil down the my active righteousness in studying the pure Word of the LORD!  Sigh.... I feel better getting all this off my chest!!!! 

\o/

No comments:

Post a Comment