Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A great morning...


                                             Good morning!

        It is a beautiful Wednesday!  Summer hot kind of a day! 



So, what do I have to talk about today...Well, I am making pickles.  They have been soaking all night in lime water and I will soon start the washing process.  I have just enough vinegar and pickling spice to make one batch of my Mother-in-law's recipe.  My husband is really looking forward to tasting some freshly made sweet spicy pickles.  (I prefer the salty dill, but that is just me.)

I am going to try something with my lime water.  Lavender plants love a lime environment, so instead of throwing all the liming water out....I am going to reserve some and pour it around one my lavender plants to see if it sparks more growth.  I am going to use it gingerly, but I am going to try it. Why waste the lime...

I have some bananas that are getting too ripe for munching, therefore I plan on baking today.  My favorite banana bread and a recipe of "Heavenly Zucchini Bread.  These can be frozen for later use or I might send some to work with my husband for he and his office to enjoy. Baking is definitely on the agenda today.  Smiling......

I would like to also can these two pineapples I have, but alas I am low on vinegar and need to get some whole cloves.  I will just cut these up and have them for snacks.  Oh well, someday I will pickle pineapple.  I just can't seem to co-ordinate the car, shopping and the ripening of my pineapples. Oh well, I will try again.

The temperature is supposed to be in the 90's today. Ugh...I watered my gardens really really well this morning.





These pictures are prior to watering, so everything looks ready for a little H2O.  My cucumbers are climbing the "covered wagon"; the squash is beginning to come in; and I am loving the blooms of color...red for the flax and a bluish purple for the borage.  I am really hoping to get some seeds from these two plants.  I love them!

After I get my cucumbers in their vinegar mixture I am going to continue my bedroom's dejunking.  I cannot believe how much "stuff" I have allow to accumulate.  I can't wait to have it all cleaned and freshly painted.  When I am done I will post some pictures. 

This already has been a productive morning and I must say I have enjoyed very much-just like I used to before my depression hit.   "Putzing and piddling" around my home is what I love to do best!  Laundry going, breads baking, pickles being made, pork loin chops defrosting all add up to a perfectly wonderful day....for me and mine.  \o/

I have more to talk about, alas my computer time is over.  Anyway it is time for some summer schooling to get done. 

Have a great and blessed day in the LORD.  Selah!!

Sharon




No comments:

Post a Comment