Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday musings...

As most of you know, my son has been sick.  He was running a 102.6 fever on Saturday then a 102.4  Sunday morning.  Last evening it only got to 100.6 --- progress.  This morning there is no temperature!  Yipee!!  His appetite is returning along with those lame jokes, but I am not complaining.  It is good seeing him up and about playing his Wii and wanting to go to Game Stop.  Thank you, Father.

Last night, as I was walking to my son's room to remake his bed (I forgot to put on fresh sheets, since I was washing his camo ones) my left pinky toe found the box that has been in the hallway for months.  I know it knew that it was there; it has been missing it for a very long time, but last night contact was made.  I really wish I was perfect, but I, in my pain reverted back to my old ways...said a few choice words which I immediately begged God for forgiveness and went on with my motherly duties.  Limping and in pain, I might add.  Oh, the sacrifice we make for our children, especially when they are sick.


I think the gray of my front walkway goes nicely with the ever increasing shades of purple and blue of my wounded swollen toe.  Don't you think so, too?

This day has been very pleasant...very pleasant indeed.  My husband has been off because of a doctor's appointment, so the day is somewhat out of routine.  Which is a welcomed respite after this weekend of sickness and Father's Day fun.



We planted my new blueberry bushes that I got at BJ's for $5.99 each!   Notice--they already have berries on them!  I am going to go and get some bird and squirrel netting sometime this week.  Both have been eyeing them all day. 

In between gardening and taking temperatures I started and finished a new craft for my front door.  Tell me what you think of it.



I saw this on Pinterest loved it!  It is so very simple to make.  All it takes is a straw wreath, red, white and blue yarn and a package of different sized white buttons and some tacky glue.  You wrap and glue on the buttons...that is it!  My son loves the 4th of July, so I thought I would make this with him in mind.  He thinks it is cool! 

I would like to leave you with what I was able to capture on camera...




Sharon

 

No comments:

Post a Comment