Friday, June 15, 2012

TGIF.....

I know that you are probably tired of me starting my posts this way....but, it is a gorgeous morning!  The air is crisp and cool...not like a fall morning, but an early spring morning.  (I prefer the fall...)  Anyway, it is cool, colorful and energizing outside!  I have opened wide my windows and I am inviting this morning with all its hues and scents into the Beale Bungalow.

I did have a small harvest today...plus two honking zucchini clubs that I haven't seen until this morning.



I might have enough cucumbers to actually start making some sweet pickles.  I use my late mother-in-laws recipe--it is my husband's favorite.  I will probably do a tutorial when I do make them.  So stay tuned.

I fertilized my garden beds this morning.  I still need to work it all in.  I am so tired of not having produce!  I am composting and watering, but hardly any produce...so I have some organic fertilizer and hopefully this will help my plants produce more.  We shall see....

My week seems to be kind of messed up from all my original plans, but today is going to be great!  I slept so well last night and I have so much energy that I am going to capitalize on this and get things done around the ol' homestead. 

Planting...is on the agenda.  I have a pumpkin, some purple basil, a Black-Eyed Susan, an English Lavender and a Pineapple Sage to get into the soil. :)  Color and scent galore!!!

Schooling...just the usual.  Explode the Code and Developmental Math.  We finished "Carry On, Mr. Bowditch"; we are now going to read through the Kingdom Series by Chuck Black.  This is going to double as a Bible study, too!  There are study questions at the end of each book!  Yeah!!!!

Cleaning....I have lots of yesterdays groceries to put away and kitchen to clean.  Vacuuming and dusting-thankfully this is a shared chore.  The bathroom is a given and since I cannot seem to get the Mister to make my shelving. I am going to start dejunking our bedroom.  Every step forward will get me closer to my goal of an organized clean home! 

Reading....Yesterday, I went to Walmart after my dental appointment.  I was so pleased because I found three books that I have been wanting to read and a large print compact Bible that I can carry in my purse.  It is KJV not ESV, but that is okay with me.  I have started reading the Wanda Brunstetter book, "The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club".  It is going to be good...I can tell already.  It comes complete with a quilt pattern and her usual recipe that is brought out in her story.  Smiling.....

I think I am going to have my son mow the lawns today.  It will be sort of an early Father's Day gift.  Maybe the Mister can build shelves instead of mowing?  This is truly not my motive.... but it is a thought.  Master Beale needs to learn to bless his father; he always blesses his mother, but he needs to appreciate and bless his dad, as well.

Oh well, that is all I have for now.

Sharon




No comments:

Post a Comment