Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Peace....

Philippians 4:7 says "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." 

This verse is living within me at this very minute!  It has taken on it's own divine life and giving me life at the same time.  There is much going on in my world, yet I do have this peace that I cannot otherwise explain except that God is dwelling within this simple woman.

John 15:5 says, "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing."  I know that I am abiding in Jesus and He is abiding in me.  The fruit?  Philippians 4:7!  

Sequestration is here.  The authors of sequestration purposely made this plan so distasteful that it would force the Democrats and the Republicans to work in a bipartisan partnership to prevent the plan from being enforced.  Well, the split between the two parties is so large that, obviously, partnership did not and will not happen, therefore the  governmental spending cuts are here and they are cutting deep...very deep.

Our little family is looking at somewhere between 14-22 days without pay until October.  That is a 20% cut of our income during this period.  (This calculates out to being more than our food budget every pay period.)  Wow!  That is a great deal of money for us, but I am not concerned...I am at peace.  God has and always will supply all of our needs.  

My daughter is having such a hard time.  (Much of her own making...)  She is always depressed, angry, uncontrollable, crying and wanting to commit suicide.  Yet, #1-she has not committed suicide and #2-she is a child of the King of Kings and LORD of Lords.  There is no way satan can kill her!  He has NO authority over her.  My daughter is the daughter of this same God.  God has a covenant with me and my offspring.  My God will heal my daughter and set her feet on solid ground!!  He is bound by His Word.  Peace is coming in this extremely painful area of my world.  I am, with much prayer, covering my daughter and her family with the blood and power of Jesus the Messiah!!  This is the REAL protective force field, if you will.  Nothing can penetrate the precious blood of my Saviour!!  Nothing!  By abiding in this particular Word of the LORD...the peace that passeth all understanding is present.

My son has so many learning problems and maturing problems...this, too is a source of great pain and agony in my world.  But, I learned last night that whatever the great I AM is...I possess and so does my beloved son.  He is going to read.  How do I know?  Because the One Who wrote the Bible lives inside my son and that truth alone is going to be spoken into my son by his "abiding in Christ" momma!  He will read!  God has a plan for my boy!  Here comes that peace again.

My husband is not a leader.  I am not a leader.  I am a follower.  When a wife, who is not a leader is not being led, she feels exposed!  Vulnerable!  Unsecured!  BUT, I am a follower of Jesus the Messiah!  I have a leader!  I have THE Leader!!  If I abide in Him--He WILL abide in me and fruit will grow!  I, therefore, can love and respect my husband as the man he is, by knowing that I have the Perfect Husband ready to call me to Him. 

My husband has the right, by God's Word (Proverbs 31:10-31, Titus 2:3-5, Proverbs 18:22..the list can go on and on) to be loved and respected and I have determined to do this, in the Power of the Holy Spirit, in the Name of Jesus, for God's Glory, until one of us leaves for Home.  This is my sacrificial life I have been called to.  " I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service."  Romans 12:1  Peace has come to our home and my marriage.

There is so much work to be done in and around my little bungalow.  Cleaning, decluttering, painting, sewing, weeding, composting, planting, canning, schooling, shopping, laundry...the list is endless.  I have the tendency to want everything done yesterday.  Patience--with myself and my work--is a bit on the low side.  BUT...the I AM is Patience, so therefore, I have patience. 

My work is not glorious, but it is necessary.  My work is forever continous.  (The laundry is proof enough of this!)  But it IS noble work, because it is what God has me doing.  I think God is more into the process of my work than the timing of my work.  Peace is creeping in on this Type A, detail oriented, left brained woman.

So, I am being truthful when I say I have peace about the furlough situation due to sequestration.  I am also being truthful when I say that the "peace that passeth all understanding" is filtering into other areas of my life.  :) 

My Heavenly Father is truly talking with me as I walk with Him.  He wants EVERYTHING!  My heart, soul, strength, thoughts, family, finances, work, plans, plants, desires, possessions, clothes, entertainment, time, hobbies, etc....He wants it all. 

Maybe I am finally willing to give it to Him.  Peace will be the result.  I certainly am ready for this "peace that passeth all understanding."  It is all mine because I have faith in God and His Word.  Sigh.....

\o/

 













 

No comments:

Post a Comment