Saturday, April 6, 2013

Thoughts on a crisp Saturday morning....

Today is Saturday, April 6, 2013.  It is a beautiful, crisp, sun filled day.  The birds are all 'twitterpated' and I am noticing a few flying insects out and about this morning.  I do believe that the season of Spring is finally here.  Good bye to the bare, gray, cold, dormant time and Hello! to the full, green, warm, fruitful time of the year.

This morning I am in pain!  :(  Everything hurts!  My neck, shoulders, hips, knees, calves, ankles and feet---all hurt.  I know what the problem is but I sure don't want to face it.  So, for now I will change the subject.

I have been watching the news--reading the news--pondering the news.  I believe the end times are upon us...at least the birth pangs of the times.  There is no fear at this point, just sadness...lots of sadness. 

Reading the news this morning I am reminded of a Sunday School lesson.  The main thought of this particular lesson was this...Non-Believers act like non-believers.  This has been my conclusion this morning.  The world is full of people that do not follow Jesus and that is why the world is going to hell in a hand basket. 

We, American believers, think that we can fight and win the battle for the soul of our country through our government officials and processes.  The majority of our leaders place their hand on a Bible that they do not believe in and take an oath to uphold a document (that they want to change to meet the criteria of modern America)  which was written by men who believed in the Sovereignty of God and the divine purpose of the United States of America--and we are frustrated that our country is going down a slippery slope at the speed of light.  It is a mockery and God will not be mocked! 

Are we called to put all of our eggs in a post modern government or are we called to follow Jesus and make disciples of men?  I am quite sure it is the latter not the former. 

I do believe that because we are Americans and have the right to vote, etc.--we should-- but this process is not to be our god...our form of North American idolatry. 

Am I as a follower of Jesus-first...living as I should for the glory of God and the evangelism of mankind?  Being an American is way down on my list...."Seek ye the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things shall added unto you." Matthew 6:33.  I guess God through His Holy Spirit and Word are showing me how to live on a different plane.

Am I as a follower of Jesus...living my life as a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, friend, neighbor, consumer etc. as the Logos says.  Or...am I so very much an American that I want to sit back on my hunches and live out the American dream....which from my observation is "the wide path leading to destruction." Matthew 7:13.

I, swiping my hand across my forehead, believe we have missed the mark.  We are to be evangelizing the world.  I have found myself in fearful states thinking about traveling to other countries to bring the good news of Jesus the Messiah and King.  Yet, to tell you the truth...I don't really sense God calling me to another country for this purpose.  He is wanting to use me right here.  Right here, but perhaps in a new way.  This is a matter of prayer. 

The time is short and being 52 years old...my time is shorter than yesterday.  I am beginning to see the road that I am on and its name is "the road to Damascus".  There is a change coming....

Maybe the majority of my pain is coming from within...it is called sin.  Hmmm....

Thank you, Abba for removing scales from eyes, warming hearts with Your Spirit and Your Word.

\o/











No comments:

Post a Comment