Friday, May 11, 2012

Catch up time

Gee,  I get a blog and then my computer dies.  What a bummer!  But God knew what He was doing.  The computer is a tool not a way of life and that is exactly what it had become, so now I get on, do my business and then get off.   Lesson learned and habit broken.  Praise God.


So, what has been going on for the past two months.  My husband totalled my car, the computer died, our heat exchanger went out on our heating system, even my hairdryer died!  On the 24th of March my daughter and I had a phone call that has changed our relationship.  That is all the negative...


.....Here is the positive--because of no transportation I have had to reorganized my time and I am learning to be satisfied at home.  This took some getting used to, but all is going very well.  I am more content to be at home and doing what I believe God has for me to do.  


Not having a computer has been very interesting.  My son and I have had to go through cyberspace withdrawal symptoms.  It was harder than I thought...but now I have so much time.  Time to make rugs, bake, clean, garden etc.  The computer is a HUGE time waster.  It is a tool---not a way of life.


Another benefit on not having a computer is we are a family again.  My son plays OUTSIDE!  He is back doing is Lego creations, making movies on my camera, playing with the neighborhood children, reading better and actually enjoying schooling lessons.  We, as a family, spend evenings together...not separated glued to a screen in the computer room.  It has been wonderful to talk, laugh and joke again.  I really didn't mind it after a while.


The heat exchanger had a chilly reception at the Beale Bungalow.  This happened March 5th.  It was cold in this house for about a month, but with space heaters and a gas stove in the kitchen...we managed.  Once again...this brought the three of us closer together.  One stays warmer when one is sharing the cold with others.


New hairdryer...easy fix!


Daughter dilemma....not so easy to fix.  I have been on my knees more over this situation than the combination of all the other trials put together.  I know where my help comes from.  I know that He will replace what the locusts have eaten.  I also know that all things will work together for my good (and my daughter's) and His glory.  Today  I am a peace.  Doesn't mean I don't pray, but I am at peace....today.


Well, that's it....a catch up and fill in day.  Tomorrow .... my Garden.


Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment