Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My thoughts and plans on a rainy day...

On the 51st day, my daughter called!  The very best Mother's Day gift ever!  We talked hurts and misunderstandings out...apologies were said.  Forgiveness asked for and I have my daughter back.  Thank you, Abba! 


I didn't realized how many people were praying that she would call.  I am so thankful for each person that took the time and had the compassion to pray for this hurting momma's heart.  I am truly grateful and relieved, I couldn't be more content at this moment.  What a blessing.  I am humbled, Abba.


The rain is falling and my garden is drinking in Heaven's refreshment.  It is so very green outside.  It kind of reminds me of a yard that one might see in a book about Ireland.  I think the rain is forcasted to last most of the day.  I really don't mind and I know that my veggies are ecstatic.  Fresh water!  Not the treated kind that comes from the hose.


The rainy day plays well into my plan for the day.  Laundry, cleaning, baking and working on my rug.  Not to mention schooling lessons with my son.  We are on our summer schedule already, so today is Bible reading, Developmental Math, Explode the Code, SSRW book 11 and The Dangerous Book for Boys (we are learning how to tie 5 different knots today, a perfect rainy day indoor activity!) 


I am trying to finish all my gardens so I can start dejunking and painting my house. 


For the past few years I have been in a depression.  Call it midlife crisis, menopause, stress, whatever you want, but a depression none the less.  When I started coming out of my depression...I noticed how much I wasn't doing on a daily, weekly, monthly even yearly basis.  YIKES!!  My house was a dirty junky mess!  I didn't mean to let it get so bad, but the second law of thermodynamics is so true.  When left alone...decay sets in.  (My paraphrase)  The house needs a deep cleaning and I am chomping at the bit to get going.  I just feel that food production must get started first...then cleaning.  So, my gardens are almost done and the Beale Bungalow is getting a little makeover.


My plans are to dejunk and bless someone else.  Deep clean each room.  Paint every wall, ceiling, woodwork and door with a fresh...colorful coat of paint.  Make new simple curtains for every window.  Rearrange wall groupings.  Bring in some life in the form of plants, crafts and whatever else God chooses to let me have and do.  It will take all summer, but that is okay.  I don't have a car right now, so home projects will be done.  :)


I am also planning on doing a great deal of canning.  Food is getting somewhat expensive and not the best quality either.  So, I am trying to be as organic as I can in my little raised beds.  I have already canned 20 pints of strawberry jam.  I have found a lovely recipe for pickled pineapple that I am going to try next.  By the end of canning season (which where I live will be November) I am hoping and praying for complete stock that will allow me to buy organic grass fed beef, organic free range chickens and such. This is a goal and my prayer. 


Oh God, please let my hands to the work that You have ordainded for me to do.  In Jesus Name, Amen.


Sharon
  

No comments:

Post a Comment