Saturday, January 26, 2013

Snow, snow, snow...



This was my view outside my living room window this morning.   It was beautiful, peaceful and quiet.  The air was crisp and carried the sounds of birds coming and going from their nests in our holly bushes.  This is what I call a winter morning.  :)

We, in the Hampton Roads area, do not see snow often.  I do believe we have a NO SNOW ZONE sign stamped on us somewhere in heaven.  Sigh...so when we do get snow...Yippee!!!  Just about everyone is excited, except for my husband and one elder at my church.  Oh well, God is in control and He heard a great deal many more prayers for snow than not.  TeeHee....

My sore leg was acting up this morning.  Sometimes I think it is going to bend the wrong way and this causes not only physical pain, but a bit of the emotional 'what if?' kind of pain.  I stayed off of it this morning and it seems to be doing better this afternoon.  I think that might have something to do with the ibuprofen I took and the TED I am wearing, but all is well.

I looked around the Beale Bungalow this morning and became discouraged.  It was a mess!  I worked all week just to have it all fall apart on the weekend?  No...no...no...I don't think so.  Once my leg was feeling better I started with our bedroom and made the bed, put away all the laundry and made it look nice and tidy.

Next was the laundry in the computer room.  It is funny that I seem to be the only one who knows how to fold socks, undershirts and panties. It took all of 10 minutes and no time to put them away at all.  The computer room is still a sight because that is where everything is going to be sorted and either given away, thrown out or repurposed.  It will be the final room completely done.

After the living room and the dining room where straightened I tackled the kitchen.  It sure looks much better, and I am happy with the results. The laundry room followed--more laundry put away and everything tidied up.  The bathroom got a good scrubbing.  I am glad that job is over!  :)

The floors were vacuumed, porches swept, candles lit and now my guys are in from their outside chores and play enjoying a nice neat warm home.  This makes me very content...

The sky has opened up a few times today and allowed the sun to peek through...I wander if I have opened up and allowed the Son to peek through my life today.  I must confess...other than a couple of blogs mentioning God this morning...my answer would have to be no.  I know what I will be doing when I finish here.  :)  I know that God will be just as excited for me to spend time with Him in the afternoon as He would in the morning.  I talk with Him all the time, but spending time in His Word...that I have not done as of yet.  Like I said...I know what I will be doing when I finish here.

      


So far, this has been a very nice wintery Saturday...I pray that you are having the same kind of day.

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment