Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thursdays thoughts....

The sky has been a kaleidoscope of weather patterns totally bathed in frigid temperatures today.  There has been an alternating of deep grayness to vivid whiteness to a crisp bright yellow sunshine that only occurs in the months of winter.  Snowflurries have been witnessed throughout the day and I believe snow has been forecasted for tonight.  All of these changes have made me extremely thankful for the warm cluttered bungalow that I call "home".

I have not done but so much today.  My leg is improving, but it does require me to remain off of it for long periods of time.  Aspercreme and Ibuprophen are helping, so are the ice packs, but that painful pulling remains.  No Zumba for me tonight.  Sigh...I do enjoy it so....

Anyway, I have a few minutes to jot down my thoughts before I go through the house and do my final pick up and put away before my husband comes home.  I like to do this so he does not come home to chaos....which it is not....but neatness seems to warm his soul and it is a small thing I can do for him on a daily bases.  I believe it gives him a sense of security, as well as, to our son and myself.

Today, I have been out of sorts.  I woke up a 3 a.m. bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to get busy.  Sigh...hormones I suppose.  Laundry, straightening the house, cleaning off the diningroom table, straightening the kitchen and a few other little chores were done before 5 a.m. when my husband got up.  When he left for work I started getting sleepy so I went back to bed.  I don't think I should have done this...

I went down to a friend's house to have a chat before schooling lessons were started.  Upon my return...I noticed that my teenage son was not awake.  Sigh...schooling was going to be difficult today, I thought, and I was right.   When my son's routine is messed up he does not do well...and true to form....today was one of those days.  Plus, me having to lie down and keep my leg straight didn't help the rhythm of the day.  :(  We did manage to get some schooling lessons done, but not much.  Tomorrow morning will be quite busy. 

I ended up napping some this afternoon and now I feel wonderful.  Ready to take on the rest of the day. 

Supper is in the crockpot.  It is a recipe that I found years ago on Crystal Miller's blog.

             http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/

She has some really good and healthy recipes along with all the wonderful news of her lovely family.  I might post the recipe with a picture of our meal this evening.  It's name escapes me at the moment, but it is a favorite around the Beale Bungalow.

Well, it is time to tidy up and get ready for my husband to come home.  :)

Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment