Monday, January 28, 2013

A needed Spiritual Pep Talk....

I woke up at 4:11  this morning in a funk.  It amazes me that satan seems to attack me when I am not quite awake, bored or just had a disturbing phone call from my daughter, all of which has occurred within the last 12 hours.  Sigh....So this is an entry for me...a spiritual pep rally if you will.   Please bare with me while I get my Jesus Girl armour on.

I love the Blue Letter Bible website.  It has everything from commentaries to women's sources, but I like the devotionals.  This is today's, it is from Proverbs 8:35.  "For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD."  Here is the devotional thought on this verse.

     "Whatever wisdom exists finds its identity in the person and being of Christ Himself. Seek this wisdom and thereby seek out the Lord of our rest. In Him alone lies all life and love and joy and meaning. Turn to Him and embrace true wisdom! Turn to Him and be comforted with the promise of eternal Sabbath! In Christ alone stands our hope!"

What has my goat this morning?  Here is my list:

I arose from my bed this morning dizzy...inner ear.
I have a daughter that is running a muck in New Jersey. 
I have a son who is 15 can barely read and maybe on the third grade level.  He informed me last night that he wants to go to a Christian school because he wants friends.
I cannot afford a Christian school!
My husband wants to retire, but we cannot afford it.  He is 67 and has been working for 46 years at NNSY and we cannot afford it?
His car is on its last wheel.
The house needs decluttering and painting and I know that all this will be done by me and me alone.
The oven has stopped working.
The over-the-oven hood lights have stopped working.
The sprayer at the kitchen sink has been disconnected for years and does not work.
The bathroom ceiling is peeling and in bad need of work.
The house exterior needs a new roof, mold removal and repainting--along with new gutters.
My right leg is in pain.
My right underarm has an enlargement.
I have a lump in the right side of my sternum.
My asthma is never ending.
I am at least 100 pounds over weight.

This is just a list of things I am willing to talk about.

BUT!  satan!  I have found Jesus and according to His Word--I have found life and favor!  So thank you so very much for reminding me that I live in a sin cursed and fallen world!  Thank you for reminding me that I am just a traveler through this world that you are trying to destroy!  Thank you for reminding me that this is NOT my home!  Thank you for reminding me that I do indeed need a Saviour no matter what time of day or night it is!  Thank you for reminding me that I need my Jesus no matter what day of the week it is! 

You, satan, can break everything in this house. You, satan, can torment everyone in this house.  You, satan, can probably afflict me with all kinds of pain and illness. BUT!  You have NO dominion over my SOUL....YOU HAVE LOST!!   I do not care what it looks like!!  I do not care what it feels like!!  I do not care what it sounds like!!  YOU HAVE LOST!!!

You, the enemy of my soul, have NO dominion here at the Beale Bungalow! You, the enemy of my family, have NO dominion with any of my walking DNA or their spouses. You, the enemy of my peace, have NO dominion over anything! PERIOD! END OF DISCUSSION!

I have all the promises of God, in the name of Jesus, by the power and seal of the Holy Spirit.  You cannot defeat Them!  If God be for us, who can be against us!  Romans 8:31b!  Written by Paul! of whom you tried to destroy too!  and did NOT succeed!

You have tried to manipulate me to be filled with the poisons of anger, bitterness and hatred through every possible means and persons in my life here on this terrestrial ball, but YOU HAVE FAILED!!  You have no dominion, right, or authority with anything that concerns me or mine, because it is all Gods' anyway!

I am not perfect, but my God is!  I do not live perfectly, but my Jesus did!  I have no power of my own, but the Holy Spirit does!   Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world!  

I have life and favor in Christ and Christ Alone!  Go fight it out with Him and leave me alone!  The battle is His!  The victory is His!  The glory is His!  and guess what satan...I AM HIS! 

In His Name,
Amen















 

 



















 

2 comments: