Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A refreshing day...

This has been a refreshing day thanks to my friend, Marianne.  Just to get out of the house and then to be treated to lunch on top of that was magical.  Thank you, again, my friend.

I rested and chilled out for awhile then my husband came home with the news that the car did not want to start.  It started, but it supposedly didn't want to do so.  I just sat quietly and prayed.  "Well, tomorrow I need to be off and take the car to Newport News to get fixed.  We need our car."  Thank you, Father for convincing him of this.  If there is something else wrong...maybe we didn't need to buy a new battery...oh well.  It is what it is.

I am not going to allow this to bring me down today.  I had a wonderful day and that is what it is.  :)

Sharon

P.S.  As a I was naming this entry...It occurred to me that to refresh a page on the net...you Right click on the mouse and then choose "refresh".  It is done almost instantly.  Are we so techy now that we think we can "refresh" ourselves in an instant?  There is a great deal of sorrow and suffering in everyone's daily lives.   It takes time to "refresh".  It is NOT just a click away....sigh....

                               
~Psalms 23:1-6~

The LORD is my Shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,

He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul.

He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

I will fear no evil, for You are with me;

Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.

You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,

And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Amen


Maybe I need to dwell in this Psalm for awhile...no clicking here.....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment