Friday, July 20, 2012

Frustrating Friday.... :(

Let me see...I cannot even remember the beginning of the week....oh yeah...Nothing much happened at the beginning of the week.  It was calm and sort of normal.  Tuesday..I was just tired.  Wednesday, took my son out to lunch and let him spend some hard earned money that was burning a hole in his pocket.  Thursday, the limb fell and punched a hole in our shed roof and Friday, my car battery died at Azar's in Norfolk off of Colley Avenue.  Yes, the week ended without a bang...it didn't even turn over!!

My friend Marianne came to my rescue and my son ended up having a learning field trip...He learned how to jump a car battery!!  Thank you once again, Marianne.  My husband ended up coming home and  buying a new battery.  He was told that we will need a new alternator before winter sets in.  So, I get to start a new envelope!  Sigh....

Anyway, when I got home I felt as though the wind was taken out of my sales.  I just vegged at the computer for a bit.  I don't mean to complain, but a great deal has happened in 2012!  I keep thinking each year will get better, but alas, it (so far) is not to be.  I am learning there are many ways to suffer....Sighing once again.

Oh well, God is good all the time and all the time God is good! 

At least my garden is producing and I am able to pickle to my heart's content.


I have even more tomatoes on my other countertop.  Anywho, the bowl is full of dill seed which I used today.



I am trying my hand at Fermented Dill Pickles.  I love Kimchi, which is a fermented cabbage dish from Korea, it just makes sense for me to try this, too!  We will see how it goes.

I am not going to can these because the canning process would kill all the good bacteria, so I will just be leaving this out on my counter top for about three days then refrigerating them. They are suppose to be good for a few months once they are cold.  I really to like the benefits from the lacto-fermentation process!  Good for the bowel!!

There seems to be an oppressive feeling about the Beale Bungalow this evening.  I do not think I will ever celebrate the coming in of a new year ever again. I will not lose the sleep, because this has been a tough one.  Sheesh....  I think I am going to go in my room and pray this oppressiveness away and get my guys out of the house for awhile.  29 is sadly, not a haven of rest at the moment.  This will change after some time in prayer and God's Word.  His Word is so true...."Unless the LORD build the house, they that labor, labor in vain."  Psalm 127:1 

Today, I found a quote by Corrie Ten Boom and I posted it on facebook.  It was-

                            “When I try, I fail. 
                                 When I trust,
                                 He succeeds.”


I think I will write this one down and post it anywhere and everywhere my poor husband can see it!  He needs a good ol' pick me up pat on the back!  Who better to give it than Corrie Ten Boom!  We certainly aren't going through what she went through!  I also think I will couple that with some John 15 verses.  My husband should relate now that we have two grape vines growing out back. 

Oh well, talk is cheap...let me go and get on my knees....

Sharon




No comments:

Post a Comment