Friday, July 27, 2012

Canned...

This Friday has been a day of lots of small jobs.  It is way too hot to do any gardening, do I got busy inside.  :)

I only have one more load of laundry to do and I will be done for the week.  YIPEE!!  I shouldn't mind laundry because this gives me a great opportunity to pray for my husband, my son and myself...but...I do get tired of doing the folding!  This is the worst part of the whole job as far as I am concerned.  There are some days that I will not even start another load of laundry until the last load is hung or folded.  Today is one of those days...but only one more load. \o/

I had some tomatoes that had to be canned, so I did....



I think they are so pretty with the basil floating in the jar.

Spiced Pickled Pineapples came next.




The Pineapples are really yummy and I got that from my husband.  He loved the few that didn't make it in the jars.

During all this, my husband was teaching my son how to use an electric sander.  My laundry room shelves are now\sanded and ready to paint.  Now, I need to pray for the other shelves to get built, so I can expand my storage for both the laundry room and my kitchen.  These will also give me more room for canning goods.  Well, shall see.

Next on the agenda is to clean up my kitchen mess and then hook up the converter box so my husband can watch the Olympics Opening Ceremony.  I am sorry that I really don't care for the olympics anymore.  I loved them when I was a kid. 

Anyway, I am off to get busy.

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment