Thursday, March 14, 2013

Day 6...

Things have slowed down in the spring cleaning arena.  I have to have surgery on my right knee.  An arthroscopic surgery, so it should not be too bad, but the ol' knee has slowed me up a bit.  It hurts! and it doesn't like all the bending and turning I have to do when scrubbing out my lower cabinets.  All I want is a nice clean, junk free home.  I really don't think that is too much to ask, but the housecleaning fairies must be on strike because every morning I get up and my dirt and mess are still present and accounted for....   :(

Anyway, today I have been able to get a few more cabinets cleaned and they look lovely to me.



It is hard to believe that I could barely get these in this cabinet!  There is a certain way the cookie sheets need to be stacked in order for everything to fit.  When my son unloads the dishwasher he just wants to get the dishes put away as fast as he can-so order-I have learned-is taught not caught!



This is a lovely cabinet that held way too much!  Now, when I get my shelving unit for the laundry room--most of this stuff will be put on it, so I will have so much more storage space!!  :)







I basically switched some of the small drawer contents with some of the large drawer contents.  I don't know if things will work like this, but I can always put things back if they don't.  So, I have got some cleaning done!  Sigh....this means a good day-to me.

I have some more one more drawer and three more sets of cabinets to do.  Then the refrigerator...Oh help me....

My son has been feeling poorly for the last two days....I decided to call off schooling lessons today and let him get better.  This is not only good for him but me as well.  This is one the beauty of home education.   

I cannot believe how tired I am because of this knee of mine.  I just want to sit down and not move, but alas, a woman's work is never done.  It's not that I mind the work...I just feel it is taking too long.  My daughter laughed at me today because of this very thing.  When she was younger and so was I--I thought I could completely clean, dejunk and paint an entire townhouse in three weeks.  Needless to say--it took an entire three months!!  The whole summer!  It did look nice though...when I finally finished.  She told me to stop trying to do to much--she knows me well.  :)

Well...today God used the CHG's!  Four of the five of us were at a coffeehouse chatting away when an old church member came in.  She started talking with us and then she asked for prayer for her sons.  Our ears and hearts perked up because praying for each other and whomever God puts in our path is a what we love to do.  I know she and her husband (he came in a little later) were encouraged.  I also think the husband was pleased that we were proactive and she now has a new support group.  One of the hardest things for a mother (or a father for that matter) to endure is watching their precious child on the stubborn road of destruction.

I totally related to this woman because of my daughter, but even greater--God--relates!!  He was the perfect Father and His children rebelled.  Even Jesus understood this woman's pain...He wept over Jerusalem!   “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.  Matthew 27:37    Does this not sound like Jesus understand rebellious children?  He really does!!  It is going to be a wonderful time watching God work in this couple's family, and God has allowed us to be a part of this great work.  We were so excited that God used us today!!!  

Yep!  This has been a very good day!!

\o/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment