Saturday, March 16, 2013

Day 8....

Today was a glorious day!  I love it when I have the house all to myself and today was one of them!  My guys went to a work day at our church and I had a work day here at our home.  It was wonderful!!

Sometimes a woman just needs time to herself.  She may soak in a tub, garden to her hearts content, work on a craft project or, in my case, spring clean her final set of cabinets!  I also managed to straighten the house, do a couple loads of laundry and watch Fiddler on the Roof on my computer while I cleaned the kitchen.

I thought these cabinets would be the easiest and they were the hardest.  Go figure!!  I wanted to rearrange the cabinets to better suit me and my aging body.  I am the world's worst when it comes to arranging cabinets, bookcases, desks, closets and drawers.  I just can't seem to order things correctly.  I did manage though...



A great many things in this drawer went in the trash.  I cannot understand why I keep things I know I will never use.



This cabinet has always been a pain to retrieve cookware from...but no more!  I ended up having to take a pain pill and go take a nap after this cabinet.  I twisted incorrectly and my knee let me know it!  I was afraid that I may not be able to finish, but when I woke up my knee was no worse than before, so I just continued on.




Once again, this cabinet gave up a great deal of stuff to the trash and the church yard sale bag. 



I could not believe how bad my microwave was but it is shining now!!


Actually everything here got a good scrubbing!  The only reason I do not like cleaning my grain mill is when the rubber seal is clean it makes opening and closing so difficult.  It was in bad need of cleaning so I will just be toning my muscles for awhile. 

So, not only are my cabinets clean inside and out, but I had some very productive me time.  There is something about being alone in our home and putzing and piddling doing what I want.  The sounds are mine, the music is mine, the movie choices are mine....it just recharges my batteries.  I don't need this alone time everyday...just every now and then.  I was actually excited to see my guys come home!  That , too is a wonderful feeling!

\o/ 



No comments:

Post a Comment